The church was built 1875 at a cost of £1258. It continued as a Congregational Church until early 1960's and since then it has been used for a number of things including a warehouse for a builder and a centre for stable hands from Middleham. The Town Council bought the building in 1985 for use as a Community Centre.
In 2001 the church was told that the building in Leyburn was to be sold by the Town Council. They called a special time of prayer and after discussion felt led to place an offer for the building. The church only had 15 members and no money to buy a building, but convinced that this was of the Lord, they set about praying and making their need known to other like-minded churches and Trusts. Over time God provided all that was needed to buy and renovate the building. So in April 2002 the church bought the building and moved the work to Leyburn.